One of our dear Green Tech client's in the Sacramento, CA area is looking for a Controller! This is a public company. I can personally say that you wouldn't find a better bunch of people to work for and that this is a great opportunity. Send me your resume if you are interested.
Here is the job description:
To manage the financial reporting of the company and work with the Vice President Finance to develop and carry out the financial reporting goals. To direct preparation of all financial reports, manage audit field work and insure internal control over financial reporting compliance.
Essential Job Function
- Directs accounting department in preparation of all financial reports following Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in compliance with internal controls over financial reporting.
- Assists in development and preparation of operating budgets.
- Supervises accounting staff
- Assists department managers by providing financial and analytical reports
- Oversees quarterly and annual financial audits.
- Prepares monthly financial reports by operating unit
- Prepares monthly group consolidation
- Insures that sales and use tax reports are filed on time
- Insures that payroll tax reports are filed on time
- Prepares annual business property statements
- Oversees renewal of business licenses
- Maintains control over opening and closing periods in the ERP system
- Maintains chart of accounts
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Word and Excel (other MS office application knowledge helpful, but not required)
- Has worked with ERP systems ( Microsoft AX helpful, but not required)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to perform tasks with reasonable speed and accuracy
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- CPA certification helpful but not required
- Five plus years of experience in a comparable position with demonstrated management skills
- Ability to communicate complex financial issues in simple, understandable terms