From our friends at Burr, Pilger, Mayer:
On March 30 2010, President Obama made history by signing into law the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (HR 4872). This monumental moment follows last week's passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (HR 3590).
Both acts will work hand-in-hand to overhaul the entire health care system of the United States. Select the category below to read about tax changes in the new health care legislation:
- Tax changes affecting individuals
- Tax changes affecting small businesses
- Higher Medicare tax on high-income taxpayers
- Penalties on individuals for remaining uninsured
- Employer requirement to offer coverage
- Premium assistance tax credits for purchasing health insurance
To find out more, contact your BPM representative or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.